The passport to learning and practising literacy skills
WordFlyers builds and consolidates students’ literacy basics – so you can spend more time developing their higher-order skills.
How will WordFlyers help you?
- Automated online marking means you receive instant feedback on individual students’ progress and achievements.
- Differentiated interactive activities allow your students to work on lessons appropriate to their ability.
- Scaffolded tutorials and lessons based on Vygotskian principles, with explicit teaching of content in ways that make learning easier.
- Correlated to the Australian Curriculum: English, the lessons will build a strong platform for student success in NAPLAN* tests.
What makes WordFlyers so great!
- Delivered in year levels with revision and consolidation stages that reinforce learning.
- Organised to reflect the Australian Curriculum: English, where years 7-8 students focus on learning skills and years 9-10 student apply those skills in increasingly complex contexts.
- Contextualised learning through the analysis of a range of real-world texts and engaging interactive games.
- Students engage with texts at literal, inferential and critical levels. This is reflected in the content as well as the way questions are written.
Here's what your students will experience:
"Overall, a fantastic site and a stimulating, enjoyable series of activities. A sense of fun is consistently generated, making this intensive learning experience feel more like a game."
English teacher, Catherine Minett, NSW